MAMMOGRAMS AT MAWMR!
That’s right, you can get your first or 21st mammogram at MAWMR via Wellspan Health. Or should we say MAWMRgram?!
We are very proud to announce our partnership with Wellspan and to help in the prevention of breast cancer. Wellspan will be bringing their mobile mammography bus to MAWMR where you can visit for educational material or of course, get your mammogram! This service will only be offered on Friday, June 17 from 8am – 4pm. Spaces will be limited so call Wellspan now to make your appointment – (717) 466-2666 or (717) GO-MAMMO to schedule.
Get your boob squished hon!
What Do I Need To Do?
- Call Wellspan to make an appointment 717-GO-MAMMO
- Check your insurance if you are coming from out of state – you might need a prescription. If you do not have insurance, please call – they have programs you may be eligible for.
- Get on the Bus on Friday June 17, 2022!
A very special thanks to board member, Keshia White for her vision & tenacity to bring mammograms to all.
Get a Tour of the Bus!
Need Some More Reasons?
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 13%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2022, an estimated 287,850 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 51,400 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- About 43,250 women in the U.S. are expected to die in 2022 from breast cancer.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer
- In 2022, it’s estimated that about 30% of newly diagnosed cancers in women will be breast cancers
This information is provided by Breastcancer.org.